FAQs: York On Board Air Kit
The York OBA (On Board Air) mounting kit contains the basic components needed to mount the York 210 onto the 1FZ motor.
• Steel York Bracket with yellow zinc coating
• Water Pump Pulley in billet aluminum with black anodize
• OEM Tensioner Assembly w/Bolt
• OEM V-Belt
• Hardware kit
A few notes:
• You will need to source your own York 210 or 209 compressor. These compressors are ridiculously common and easy to source. These are units of choice because they are internally oiled.
• You will need to trim or "manipulate" the exhaust manifold heat shield, only a little though.
• 93/94 1FZ need to remove the PAIR system on the intake although some have managed to worked around it.
• You will need to source your own York mounting hardware as there seems to be differences.
Before the questions start coming in...
• NO, there is no option for a different compressor
• NO, you can't run this AND a super charger
• NO, I am not going to be selling used compressors
Your current options for air are:
• Nearest gas station- so good luck being close enough when you need one.
• Bumming air off your trail buddies- hopefully you have friends with at least one of the following:
-CO2 bottle- What a few of has have/had but its kind of a pain to get it filled now. The plus side is you can move it around as needed.
-Puma or Viair compressor- Takes up a whole lot of room and is noisy as FAWK! That being said, if you have a tank this is a good way to go.
-MV50 or Pep Boys equivalent- Cheap as dirt but seems to work if you are willing to wait.
-York OBA- true On Board Air system that will last as long as the truck does. Infinite amounts of air without ever running out...so long as the truck is running. Don't need a tank but the tank does help things.
Cons of going York OBA:
• Occupies space for future turbo or S/C build
• Engine needs to be running for direct air or air to tank
• Works better above idle, good to have hand throttle
For those interested...
• Here is a decent write up (although some missing pics) about installing the York OBA from my original GB:
York OBA install
• Here is the GB thread from 8 years ago which might have relevant information still:
NLXTACY's original 2008 GROUP BUY- York Bracket and Pulley
• Link to other tank and manifold installs for those interested:
Non CO2 On Board Air Ideas - For FAQ
• Other good York OBA installs: