Designed and built in the USA, the Speski Classic Barrier for the 80 Series Land Cruiser offers an excellent blend of superior build quality and performance- truly one of the best barrier values available for your Toyota SUV.
Using existing captured rivnuts along the roofline, the Speski Classic Barrier offer a bolt-on, rattle-free, robust cargo retention solution. Keeps pets, cargo and gear back in the cargo area where it belongs while you bounce along on your next overland adventure. Unlike other "universal barriers," there is no damage to your interior.
Fold down your seats for the versatility of unobstructed passage of larger cargo items (like skis) underneath.
Barriers come welded, powder coated, and ready to install in minutes using standard tools.
80 Series Installation Instructions
• Flat head screw driver
• Phillips screw diver
• 5mm Allen Key (included)
• 10mm box wrench
• Willing helper
• (6) M6 x 30mm Button head cap screws
• (2) M6 x 35mm Button head cap screws
• (12) Washers
• (4) M6 Flanged nuts
• (2) Anodized aluminum 3/8” spacers
• (2) Anodized aluminum 1/2” spacers
• Remove both 3rd row grab handles. You will need a flat head and Phillips screw driver to do so.
• Test fit the bolts into the captured nuts in your roof.
NOTE: have had one truck where water must have gotten into the roof and rusted the captured nuts. Chased out the threads with a tap first. Be careful installing these bolts as repairing stripped threads will be very difficult. Use the flat washers below all bolt heads or nyloc nuts.
• Install the mounting brackets into the truck first. All 4 bolts will be 30mm. The lower bracket goes under the upper, use the shorter spacers for those rear bolts. Just get the bolts started on a couple threads so that the brackets move freely.
• With a helper (or something to help hold the barrier up) install the 35mm bolts into the upper barrier mounting holes. Face the welded wire side of the barrier to the rear of the vehicle to give your 2nd row seat headrests the extra space. Once the lower brackets are connected, tighten everything up.
• The upper brackets can be a little difficult to access the hardware once installed. The lowers can be tightened by opening the slider windows.
NOTE: You will notice that as you tighten the mounting bolts the upper brackets flex in. This is part of the design. It keeps the barrier centered and adds to stability right to left.
WITS' END does NOT recommend use of the 3rd row seats by passengers with the barrier installed.
WITS' END does NOT recommend the mounting of any accessories to the barrier.
WITS' END does NOT recommend the use of its barriers in vehicles equipped with rear side curtain air bags.
MADE IN USA
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It feels really sturdy, but doesn’t seem to fit my 2006 4Runner. The bracket holes are incorrectly space, the brackets don’t sit flush against the interior bodywork, and it seems like the top of the barrier is a little too wide to fit the interior. This last point might change if the brackets fit. If It fit my 4Runner it would be a 5 all the way - seems really well built - but a 3 right now because I’m not sure if I can install it as delivered. ++++++++++++++ Wits' End response: Umm yes correct, I would absolutely NOT expect a barrier for an 80 Series Land Cruiser to fit any 4Runner.