NOTE: COVID has ruined the delivery schedule. As of now its looking like backorders will start shipping out near end of the year. Please plan ahead before ordering.
IT'S TURBO TIME! NEARLY TWO YEARS IN THE MAKING
Yes I realize this has been teased for a very long time but it needed to be done right and no amount of pressure, deadlines, cost or finances were going to let "doing it right" stand in the way. So I took my time, painfully so as some could attest.
As of right now the test mule #2 is has been destroyed (by outside forces) but test mule #3 in now built. Despite everything that has happened, could not be happier, especially given all of the parameters. Next up is just getting the test mule #3 to be dyno'd and then its off to SEMA Garage for final emissions lab testing and eventual CARB certification.
Although I won't make the quantities public but I have made quite a few kits and even more components.
But that doesn't mean I'll be able to take everyone's order in case it becomes more than I planned for.
So how do you know if this turbo kit is for you? Well if you:
• Have a 95-97 80 Series Land Cruiser with a 1FZ motor
• Want to run a turbo and York OBA
• Still want to run dual batteries
• Want to still use your snorkel
• Want install to be damn near bolt-on
• Want a huge increase in pulling grades
• Given up trying to find a SuperCharger
...then this kit is for you.
For those that REALLY want to read the novel about what went into the development of the Wits' End Turbo Kit, please prepare yourself for a long read, but its all in there: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/bolt-on-turbo-kit.992637/
Please keep ALL questions public on the MUD thread above or on the Facebook Wits' End Turbo thread.
NOTE BEFORE ORDERING: ANY orders that need to be refunded by the customer, for any reason, will take 60-90 days to refund simply because as soon as the purchase is initially made those funds are immediately allocated to procuring components and are non-returnable for me.
So what is included?
Turbo Oil Supply Kit
• Wits’ End Turbo oil supply hose
• Wits’ End Oil PeacePipe
• Parker 1/8” NPT brass plug
• AutoMeter 1/8” NPT oil temp sender
• OEM pressure sender
• Permatex Thread sealant
• Adapter 3AN to 1/8” NPT 90
• Adapter 3AN to 1/4” NPT straight
• Wits’ End oil change stickers
• OEM oil drain gaskets (10-pk)
Turbo Oil Drain Kit
• Wits’ End oil drain hose
• Wits’ End oil drain hose mount
• Wits’ End Teflon guide dowel
• Irwin step drill
• Wit's End acrylic drill template
• M4 x 12 SHCS bolts
• 3mm Allen key for M4 screw
• 1/2” NPT to 10AN fitting
• 10AN fitting cap
• 1/8" drill bit
• #30 drill bit
• M4 tap
• 10AN turbo flange fitting
• 3/8-16 bolts
• 11/64” centering punch
• OEM FIPG-103
Turbo Vacuum Kit
• HPS 6mm black silicone vacuum hose
• OEM clamps for silicone hose
• Wits’ End Turbo VacuumTree
• Parker 1/8” NPT brass plug
• OEM brake booster check valve
• OEM check valve grommet
• OEM brake booster hose
• OEM vacuum hose
• OEM charcoal canister check valve
• Secondary CC check valve
• OEM evap hose clamps
• 1/8” NPT to 1/4” nipple
• OEM vent hose
• OEM vent hose clamps
• Throttle body bypass cap
• OEM evap hose
Turbo and Exhaust Kit
• Wits' End J-Pipe
• OEM downpipe gaskets
• OEM exhaust Manifold stud
• OEM exhaust Manifold nuts
• E10 socket for OEM studs
• T4 flange gasket
• T4 mounting hardware
• Wits’ End Downpipe
• Wits' End reducer pipe
• V-Band Clamps
• BorgWarner 8376 SuperCore Assembly and T4 Housing
• Wits’ End turbo blanket- Lava
• Tial MVR Wastegate 44mm
• Permatex Nickel anti-seize
• Denso Spark plugs-colder
• OEM exhaust gasket (between cats)
• 3" exhaust mounting clamp
• Clamp hardware
• Wits' End A/C bracket
• Heat sleeving for throttle cables
• Heat sleeving for A/C hose
Turbo Intake Kit
• Aluminum intake pipes (powder-coated)
• Silicone couplers and elbows
• Breeze worm clamps
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
The Wits' End Turbo gets a dyno run
The Icon 80 gets dyno'd with the Wits' End turbo
Halloran Summit in the turbo 80
Hit Halloran Summit grade doing 90 effortlessly without any ge...
Brian’s 80 acceleration with turbo and no trailer
Brian was able to shoot one more this time without the trailer...
Brian Oliver’s turbo install on his 97 80Series on 37s
I’ve been getting asked for video but I haven’t started my tur...
Wits' End 1FZ-FE Turbo Kit Install
Today we're installing a Wit's End Turbo kit on an 80 Series L...