NOTE: SwitchPros switch panel not included
The Useless Ashtray for SwitchPros is made from 6061 Aluminum and CNC machined then anodized in black. The SwitchPros version of the plate allows for the addition of SwitchPros 8-switch panel. This plate also is designed to work for both RHD and LHD late 80 Series Land Cruisers.
Although only three of the four mounting holes are ever utilized, four screws and one nut will be shipped so that the fourth hole isn't empty. Also included are black oxide hardware so that you can pick between having zinc plated (silver) hardware or oxide (black) hardware.
• Remove the ashtray and ashtray slide
• Remove the two screws that hold the ashtray in place
• Move ashtray light and harness out of the way (not used)
• Remove the screw found on the right hand side of the ashtray that is screwed into the inside of the dash and remove it
• Mount the SwitchPros switch panel using the hardware from SwitchPros
• Take the "third leg" and screw the third leg into the inside of the dash (do not tighten yet)
• Screw in the "handle" looking part into the old ashtray mounting holes using the new supplied hardware while making sure the "Wits' End" logo is facing right side up and just just hand tighten
• Using the supplied SHCS hardware (pick your color choice) then decide your switch plate orientation
• The top hole opposite the "third leg" gets the spare screw with the nut, install and tighten (this is just for looks)
• Attach the plate to the handle and align with the "third leg"
• Start with both sides of the "third leg" to tighten down then proceed with other hardware until the switchplate is square to the dash
• Install wiring and switches as needed
• SwitchPros plate
• Mounting handle
• Third leg
• Replacement ashtray hardware
• Both silver and black hardware
MADE in USA
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is once again why I love the products that Joey @ WIT'S END produces. Very well thought out and clean design. The SWITCH-PRO in itself is a great new product and thanks to WIT'S END, those of us with 80'S/LX450 now have a clean way of mounting the controller. Thank you for keeping the 80/LX450 market fresh!