**NOTE: Please allow AT LEAST 2 weeks for assembly.
This upgraded DC power cable design came about trying to locate a replacement DC power cable locally. The cable got snagged by loose gear in the cargo area and it damaged the proprietary plug beyond repair. On top of this the standard 12v cigarette lighter plug was driving me nuts because of how finicky it was. Although ARB finally came up with their twist lock solution it still wasn't good enough.
This is where the Anderson SB50 plug comes into play. There was no confusing the plug with anything else and more people were adopting Anderson plugs into their Overlanding vehicles. Best part was that the plug will NOT accidentally unplug itself regardless of the type of trail you are running. In only takes one trip on Death Valley washboard in 110deg temps, realizing hours later the plug fell out, before you look for a better solution.
The next issue I noticed with other folks, and their fridges mounted onto fridge slides, was the potential to getting the power cable snagged and then shorted out. Each person had either a spring or a Bungy cord or a Velcro strap or anything they could find to keep the cable up high enough to not get caught. Add to that the amusing number of electrical tape fixes.
The Wits' End SB50 DC Power Plug looks to remedy these issue by first using the Anderson SB50 plug and then by replacing the standard wiring with a heavy-duty memory coil that is only 2ft collapsed but stretches to over 6ft when the fridge is pulled onto the slide. This is the upgrade you have been looking for!This is an upgraded wiring kit used to bring 12v DC anywhere in your vehicle, from the battery, and mount using the Wits' End SB50 Flush Mount Bracket and the Anderson SB50 120A Connector.
• Replace fridge DC power cord with new Wits' End SB50 power cord
• Standard ARB/Engel 2-pin plug
• Anderson SB50 120A rated connectors
• 100% positive connection every time
• Heavy Duty coiled 16gauge wire (fridge side)
• 24" collapsed length (fridge side)
• 60"+ extended length (fridge side)
• Remedies loose power cable behind fridge slide
• Plug-n-Play (requires mating SB50 on the source side)
• 20ft of red/black 10 gauge wire (source side)
• PET flame retardant sleeving
• Wits' End Flush Mount Bracket w/hardware
• Plug-n-Play, no additional wiring necessary
• Hand assembled
Made in USA
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
You will not be disappointed with this setup.The craftsmanship, the function is awesome. A must have for frig freezer users.
Great product. I installed one in my FZJ80 a few years ago and I just installed one in my Land Rover as i was tired of finding the fridge unplugged from the conventiional ARB outlet.