NOTE: Fits 93-94 1FZ OBD1 engines only
Changing out your old oxygen sensor will go a long way to helping your 80 Series run a lot better. A bad oxygen sensor can easily make the truck run lean and can contribute to it over heating. This is the short pig-tailed sensor, almost 8" long for the front oxygen sensor.
NTK part no: 24080
(1) NTK Oxygen Sensor
(1) Mounting Gasket
(2) OEM Flange Nuts
1. Exhaust system should be at ambient temperature.
2. Disconnect the oxygen sensor wire at the vehicle wire harness. Note the routing.
3. Remove the oxygen sensor with the appropriate tool(s).
4. Check the threads on the exhaust manifold/pipe to make sure they are not damaged.
- If necessary, use the correct size tap (M6x1.25) to clean and repair the threads.
5. Compare the original and the new oxygen sensor(s) for the correct thread size, connector, number of wires and overall length.
CAUTION- Oxygen sensors are fragile and must be handled with care; do not drop. Avoid exposing the sensor to RTV silicone based products.
1. Place gasket into Cat's flange studs first.
2. Place the new oxygen sensor by hand onto the flange with the studs exposed.
2. Before putting on the nuts, apply anti-seize compound to the threads of the Cat's flange bolts.
3. Making sure not to cross-thread, torque to 14ft lb.
3. Route the new oxygen sensor wire along the original route to the vehicle wire harness and plug it in.
CAUTION: Keep the oxygen sensor wire away from any hot surfaces/moving parts