The LANDTANK Caster plates* are designed to rotate the axle on it's center similar to OEM specification. These plates are necessary for the popular 2.5" lift and to get your caster readings to required specs. These plates are INSTEAD of going with caster correction bushings which simply do not last.
*Plates require OEM bushings, if you have exceeded the adjustment of the castor correction bushings, or your existing stock bushings are worn out, replace OEM bushings at the same time.
• Axle position remains constant allowing the tire position to travel with in the stock wheel well
• Spring perches are closer aligned, providing better support, eliminating any interference
• No grinding required to control arms or tie rods
• Simple installation
1. Unbolt and drop the control arms out of the way
- this is the perfect time to press in new control arm bushings using the bushing press tools.
2. Place the plate in position on the axle's bracket making sure the rear hole and front dowel is aligned and in position
3. Using a marker trace out the position of the new front hole, using the caster plate as a guide
4. Grind a slot into the bracket to allow the bolt to pass through
5. Clamp plates in position and weld (stitch welds are ok)
6. Re-install control arms and tighten to spec according to FSM
For more info on IH8MUD documenting the install:
Disclaimer: This modification is intended for offroad use only and the user accepts all responsibility and risks from performing this change.
MADE in USA