Pre-orders BEGIN now!
IT'S TURBO TIME! NEARLY TWO YEARS IN THE MAKING
Yes I realize I have been teasing this for a very long time but it needed to be done right and no amount of pressure, deadlines, cost or finances were going to let "doing it right" stand in the way. So I took my time, painfully so as some could attest.
As of right now the test mule #2 is running and driving EXACTLY as I had hoped. Could not be happier, especially given all of the parameters. Next up is just getting the test mule to be dyno'd and then its off to SEMA Garage for final CARB testing and eventual certification. From there the prototype exhaust and intake tubes will be removed so that production versions can be made.
So today, yes on April Fool's, I am announcing the pre-order time/date for the turbo kit. I am only doing the pre-order because the turbos and wastegates and piping need to be ordered all at once and they have the longest lead times.
This means that NO ONE can put in their pre-order until this time/day. The reason for doing this is because I wanted to give everyone an equal chance to get the kit. Yes I do have some folks that I let pre-buy but those folks knew there was zero date attached and they just wanted to see the project move forward. By giving advance notice of the pre-release I am giving folks time to get their affairs in order and to beg the CFO or cash in the kid's college fund. But giving the pre-release timing in advance all means that folks in other countries and time zones don't potentially miss out.
Although I won't make the quantities public but I have made quite a few kits and even more components. I should be able to handle all initial pre-orders.
But that doesn't mean I'll be able to take everyone's order in case it becomes more than I planned for. Now for those that were my initial "investor pre-orders", they got a purchase price that reflected the amount of risk they saw in trusting me. That trust was rewarded by first access and a lower price. Now I am going to do that again but with at least some kind of timetable.
But all pre-orders will be $5500.
Once the units get close to shipping,
the price goes right back to the original $6k.
This gives those with skin in the game some cost advantage. IF you trust the work Wits' End is doing then there is the discount associated with it. Not sure if its worth it to get in early? That's 100% ok but it won't be at the reduced rate. The truth of the matter is the first 25 of these units Wits' End isn't making much at all. Its just the nature of all the R&D that's going into it. Anything after 25 units and I'll be able to start sleeping a little bit better :P
So how do you know if this turbo kit is for you? Well if you:
• Have a 95-97 80 Series Land Cruiser with a 1FZ motor
• Want to run a turbo and York OBA
• Still want to run dual batteries
• Want to still use your snorkel
• Want install to be damn near bolt-on
• Want a huge increase in pulling grades
• Have a CARB certified install
• Given up trying to find a SuperCharger
...then this kit is for you.
For those that REALLY want to read the novel about what went into the development of the Wits' End Turbo Kit, please prepare yourself for a long read, but its all in there: https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/bolt-on-turbo-kit.992637/
Please keep ALL questions public on the MUD thread above or on the Facebook Wits' End Turbo thread.
So what is included?
Turbo Oil Supply Kit
• Wits’ End Turbo oil supply hose
• Wits’ End Oil PeacePipe
• Parker 1/8” NPT brass plug
• AutoMeter 1/8” NPT oil temp sender
• OEM pressure sender
• Permatex Thread sealant
• Adapter 3AN to 1/8” NPT 90
• Adapter 3AN to 1/4” NPT straight
• Wits’ End oil change stickers
• OEM oil drain gaskets (10-pk)
Turbo Oil Drain Kit
• Wits’ End oil drain hose
• Wits’ End oil drain hose mount
• Wits’ End Teflon guide dowel
• Irvin step drill
• M4 x 12 SHCS bolts
• 3mm Allen key for M4 screw
• 1/2” NPT to 10AN fitting
• 10AN fitting cap
• 1/8" drill bit
• #30 drill bit
• M4 tap
• 10AN turbo flange fitting
• 11/64” centering punch
• OEM FIPG-103
Turbo Complete Vacuum Kit
• HPS 6mm black silicone vacuum hose
• OEM clamps for silicone hose
• Wits’ End Turbo VacuumTree
• Parker 1/8” NPT brass plug
• OEM brake booster check valve
• OEM check valve grommet
• OEM vacuum hose
• OEM brake booster hose
• OEM charcoal canister check valve
• Secondary CC check valve
• OEM evap hose clamps
• 1/8” NPT to 1/4” nipple
• OEM Vent hose clamps
Turbo and Exhaust Kit
• Wits' End J-Pipe
• OEM downpipe gaskets
• OEM exhaust Manifold stud
• OEM exhaust Manifold nuts
• E10 socket for OEM studs
• T4 flange gasket
• T4 mounting hardware
• Wits’ End Downpipe
• Marmon Clamps
• BorgWarner 8376 SuperCore Assembly and T4 Housing
• Wits’ End turbo blanket- Lava
• Tial MVR Wastegate 44mm
• Permatex Nickel anti-seize
• Denso Spark plugs-colder
• OEM exhaust gasket (between cats)
Turbo Intake Kit
• Silicone couplers and elbows
• Custom three-piece intake tube set
• T-bolt clamps
• Valve cover vent hose kit
• Heat sleeving for cruise and accelerator cables