The lack of a fire extinguisher in general is just a recipe for absolute disaster. At best you put out a small fire from over zealous soldering. At worst your entire Land Cruiser burns down in the middle of a forest leaving you and your family stranded, or worse.
This 100 Series Land Cruiser Fire Extinguisher Mount has been designed to attach to the two front bolts that hold down your front left (driver's side for North American trucks) seat. Once in place the Fire Extinguisher Mount will give you a mounting platform that will allow you to safely and securely attach a fire extinguisher and bracket of your choice.
This 100 Series Fire Extinguisher Mount puts the fire extinguisher low and close to the driver's or passenger's feet for quick access. You want the fire extinguisher always within arms reach. Doesn't do you much good to have the fire extinguisher in the back cargo area under your gear when you are sitting at the drivers seat.
There are two switch knock-outs laser cut into the door-side end of the mount for waterproof switches plus wiring and disconnects that are available as options. The water proof switches are the same switches used for all Wits' End electrical products.
The 100 Series Fire Extinguisher Mount is made from 14gauge cold rolled steel and powder coated in textured black. The mounting face gives many options to mount your fire extinguisher of choice but you can also add your own mounting holes if needed. The Fire Extinguisher Mount is NOT ambidextrous, there is a driver's side and a passenger's side.
Even in keeping the design low and close to the seat, installation does mean that you may be limiting the forward movement of the seat whenever the OPTIONAL Fire Extinguisher Mount Locking Lid is in use. For the vast majority of drivers/passengers the seat is typically pushed all the way back giving maximum leg room. Using the optional Fire Extinguisher Mount Locking Lid will limit the forward movement when opened.
• Laser cut and CNC bent Fire Extinguisher Mount for the Left Side
• Standard extinguisher mounting hardware (will fit common extinguishers but your exact application may require other hardware not supplied)
- (8) 10-24 x 5/8" Socket Cap Screws
- (8) 10-24 Flanged Nyloc nut
- (8) 1/2 x 7/32 x .036 washer
• Pre-drilled holes for a nearly a dozen fire extinguisher bracket brands
• Black textured powder coating
• Knock-outs for (2) optional waterproof switches
• Fire Extinguisher Mount Cargo Liner- this liner is designed to mount via velcro to the inside of the Fire Extinguisher Mount. Had one large pouch and two smaller pockets.
• Waterproof Switch- there are two switch knock-outs available for the FEM-3 or 4. This gives you a convenient and easy way to add a switch and associated disconnect wiring to easily add either one or two separate accessories of your choice.
If the seriousness of having a fire extinguisher hasn't been drilled into you enough, please read the following links to bring the point home:
Photo Credit IH8MUD user audaciousduo.